news from bastiat.org

Francois-Rene Rideau Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:38:45 +0100

Dear Bastiat fans,

I have noticeably improved the spanish section of the site bastiat.org
	http://bastiat.org/es/
but I would still use some help from a Spanish-speaking editor.

Also, the site www.eumed.net, that used to host several spanish translations
of Bastiat, has disappeared. I could retrieve the files from Google's cache,
but I don't have much time to publish them, and would be glad if the site
went back online.

On another note, I've added counters to the french and english parts
of the site, and it seems we only have some fifty daily hits in the
english-speaking section, and twice that in the french-speaking section
(now, we have many more digitized e-texts on the french section,
whereas we point to econlib.org for most English translations).

Finally, I'll be speaking next weekend at the Liberty Conference Fall 2002
by Libertarian International and the Libertarian Alliance in London, UK:
	http://www.libertarian.to/conventions/london01.htm

Yours freely,

"Ask not what the government can do for you. Ask what the government is doing
to you." - David Friedman, "The Machinery of Freedom", p. 21