[gclist] Accurate garbage collection of C/Java

Kelvin Nilsen kelvin@iastate.edu
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 23:34:39 -0600

I've modified the sparc-solaris port of lcc to support accurate garbage
collection of C.  I intend to use this customized lcc to implement the
first release of my real-time Java virtual machine (which will include
support for precise (accurate) pointer identification).  I'm releasing my
lcc modifications to the public domain.

For more information, or to download our code, search for gc-lcc on web
page http://kickapoo.catd.iastate.edu/kelvin/java.html.

This code is still fairly "young".  It has not yet been subjected to a lot
of thorough testing.  I welcome your feedback, suggestions, performance
measurements, bug reports, etc.

__
Kelvin Nilsen, Research Scientist                       voice: (515) 294-5143
151 ASC II, CATD                                          fax: (515) 294-9519
Iowa State University                            internet: kelvin@iastate.edu
Ames, IA  50011                   http://kickapoo.catd.iastate.edu/index.html