[gclist] Hello, I'm new to the list.

Charles Fiterman cef@geode.geodesic.com
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 09:24:58 -0600

I work for Geodesic Systems which makes a commercial garbage collector
for C and C++ systems. Our products have started to take off. People
are happier with them then I had ever expected.

A typical comment is "I linked GCTransparent (our conservative collector)
in with a buggy program and the bugs went away. Not only that it ran
faster."

I'm still totally mystified by the number of users who report code
running faster. My best guess is they had storage leaks which caused
paging.

Anyway is there a way to get old postings on this list.