[gclist] FAQ advice

David Chase chase@centerline.com
Fri, 01 Mar 96 13:18:01 EST

So far, nobody's told me not do it, and a few people have sent in
their contributions, which I've incorporated.  As it stands, the
FAQ is very slightly formatted into HTML -- it's basically text,
surrounded by:

 GC FAQ -- draft

and

with any Web addresses within converted into hotlinks. You can find it at http://www.centerline.com/people/chase/GC/FAQ.html The (major) question I have is, is html the way to go? I could spend a little time organizing this thing properly, so that it has headers and lists and proper links within the document itself. That does little good for people who don't have access to a Web browser (do any such people exist anymore?) It also makes it relatively useless to mail it out on a regular basis, since many mail-readers (as yet) do not speak HTML. On the other hand, the URL of the FAQ could be inserted in every message forwarded from the gclist. Generally, I favor this approach, unless someone really disagrees. Minor question -- if I actually want to see a "<" ">" in an HTML document (as in <chase@centerline.com>), how do I do that? I've been unable to locate this information in the HTML book that I've got. (replies to this question need not go to the entire list.) Comments? David Chase