[gclist] Web hosts for the FAQ

Kaelin Colclasure kaelin@bridge.com
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 08:21:22 -0600

Mike Spertus wrote:

[...]
> In general, I am a bit concerned about the emphasis of the FAQ. I don't think that
> the lack of detailed technical information on GC algorithms is really what is holding
> GC back. I think that the site should have a technical backbone but spend most
> of its effort orienting people to a GC mindset (without being fluff) and then
> have pointers to the GC paper repository, etc.
[...]

I tend to disagree.  The people who're most likely to read the FAQ are
those already considering either incorporating GC or using a GC'd language
in their work/project/etc.  Yes, the FAQ should point out the advantages
and address some of the myths-- but it should also provide a consolidated
overview of the technology available (which I believe it is shaping up
to do nicely).

--
// Mailto:Kaelin@Bridge.COM       USMail: Bridge Information Systems, Inc.