[gclist] this list vs. newsgroup

John R Levine johnl@iecc.com
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 09:01:55 -0500 (EST)

> The volume on this list is getting quite large.  I suggest we transform it
> into a newsgroup.

No great objection here.  Feel free to write up a CFD for
comp.compilers.gc and send it out.  See news.groups for some monthly
postings describing the details.

Do keep in mind that if there's an unmoderated newsgroup, we're going to
see a fair number of messages along the lines of "what is GC?", "GC is
stupid, just free what you're done with", and "what's this group about?"

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@iecc.com, Trumansburg NY
Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies"
and Information Superhighwayman wanna-be