[gclist] this list vs. newsgroup

Paul E. Wilt pew@aisinc.com
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 09:57:44 -0500 (EST)

John:

> > The volume on this list is getting quite large.  I suggest we transform it
> > into a newsgroup.
>
> No great objection here.  Feel free to write up a CFD for
> comp.compilers.gc and send it out.  See news.groups for some monthly
> postings describing the details.
>
> Do keep in mind that if there's an unmoderated newsgroup, we're going to
> see a fair number of messages along the lines of "what is GC?", "GC is
> stupid, just free what you're done with", and "what's this group about?"

If this list does become a newsgroup will you still reflect it to the
mailing list.  We have EMail but NOT full internet access here.  I
am mainly a lurker trying to understand the flow of information back
and forth between all you compiler cognoscente.

> Regards,
> John Levine, johnl@iecc.com, Trumansburg NY
> Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies"
> and Information Superhighwayman wanna-be

Paul Wilt, Sr Software Engineer       (313) 332-7044  FAX : (313) 332-7077
Applied Intelligent Systems, Inc.                           pew@aisinc.com
110 Parkland Plaza                  John 3:16
Ann Arbor, MI  48103        For God so loved the world ...