[gclist] A list of GC resources over the world ?

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Fri, 17 May 1996 15:54:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear gclisters,
   I could find the FAQ thanks to altavista.digital.com,
but I see no other way people who don't have message logs
for early gclist announces would find the GC FAQ.
   Particularly, the GC FAQ wasn't pointed to in the comp.compilers FAQ
or WWW page, etc.

   What other GC-specific documents are available online ?
   Is there a mirror for Henry Baker's collection of articles ?

Note: I also find that the GC introduction document for Smalltalk/X
is convincing, and perhaps chunks from it could make the FAQ more
attractive to people coming from a world of static manual GC.
Perhaps the FAQ should have a section just to convince people that
static manual GC *is* a GC,
just slow, unefficient, error-prone, difficult-to-develop one...

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
                 TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System
WWW page at URL: "http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/"