[gclist] DSM and GC
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
I'm working on a project at my university, and
therefore have to implement a distributed garbage
collection algorithm that collects objects in a
shared memory environment.
Ideally it should have the following prperties:
- collect most garbage fast and
without expensive commonication
- eventually collect all garbage
- run concurrently to the mutators
- do not use read/write locks on objects
- collect unneeded replicas of objects
The DSM will be using an invalidate protocoll.
Communication is assumed safe (TCP/IP with no
I couldn't find anything appropriate online so far.
Any tips, ideas, references ?
Thank you very much in advance.
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com