[gclist] MacOS 9 and recent Boehm-Demers-Weiser GC

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
25 Jan 2001 11:43:21 -0600

I've just started trying to compile GC on MacOS 9, using MPW and
gc6.0alpha5.  Everything compiles cleanly, but running 'test.c'
crashes (thank heavens for MacOSX!).

MzScheme uses gc5.0alpha2, so I know something works more recent than
what README.Mac describes.

Before I start heavy into tracking down why it crashes (and I'm a
newbie to debugging on the Mac), I was hoping to find out if anyone
has already gone this route before and can give me some help.

Mozilla appears to be using GC for leak detection (as of late '00),
and I think they have done some Mac work, tracking that down...

Any pointers would help, thanks!

  -- Ken