[gclist] lifetime distributions

Marc Shapiro -- at work marc.shapiro@acm.org
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:47:39 +0000

 || Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:59:02 +0900 (JST)
 || From: Kenjiro Taura <tau@logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
 || To: gclist@lists.iecc.com
 || Cc: tau@logos.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
 || Subject: data on lifetime distribution
 || Can anybody provide us with data on object lifetime distribution?  or
 || direct us to any such data available online or kind persons off the
 || list? I would appreciate very much if I can use such data for our
 || research purpose.

This is probably not what you are looking for, but: in the context of
research on persistence by reachability, my student Nicolas Richer just
finished a study of lifetimes of objects on the Web.  He studies the
effectiveness of reference-listing GC and of clustering algorithms based
on actual Web data.  He is finishing his PhD; his thesis is available on
request (in French).

                                                        Marc