[gclist] Another request from a Newbie :-)

Ravi Jonnalagedda RaviJ@crisnet.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 01:30:02 -0600

Hi all,

Thanks for the insightful help the last time around, I did de-rail once
the topic somehow went into finalizers. ;-)

I have another question, I have done a bit of reading and I want to
write a research report on the following topic. If someone let me know
if this is a topic worth working on for a school report?, or has it been
beaten to death? Surprisingly few papers are avbl for this on ACM and
those thieves IEEE (j/k). My topic is

"Is there a systematic method by which one can evaluate and select a
garbage collection algorithm for a hard-real-time system?"

I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter, all the experts
around here. I am really getting interested in GC and would appreciate
all/any help.

Regards,

Ravi Jonnalagedda