[gclist] Another request from a Newbie :-)

Fahad G. Fahad.Gilani@anu.edu.au
15 May 2003 20:10:39 +1000

Hi,

Like you mentioned, there are in fact a few papers available on the
subject and some ideas and solutions have been proposed. However this
matter remains un-tackled in that, (almost all) practitioners deny
(sometimes completely) the idea of garbage collection being introduced
in a hard real-time system. Some say it's ridiculous and some say it's
impossible (i.e garbage-collection introduces unpredictability into the
system which is a no-no in a hard real-time environment). Anyways, the
point is that you can most certainly choose this topic and maybe try
convincing the world that there really *is* a way you could introduce
garbage collection into hard real-time systems.

regards,

Fahad