[LispM] Lisp vs RISC and other papers...

Francois-Rene Rideau Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:34:26 +0200

Dear LISP Machine lovers,

Rainer Joswig once told me about this article
	Lisp v.s. RISC or What Common Lisp Implementors Really Want
by Robert Maclachlan, one of the implementors of CMUCL.
Well, the article, in now online on the author's site at
	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ram/pub/arch.ps
together with other interesting stuff in same directory.

The author comments about this article:
> This was written for ASPLOS, but not accepted.
>
> If you can't print .ps, there is also the TeX source there.

Also (rumors), it looks like the people from the FSF-China are interested
in making LISP machines, and/or LISP-friendly stack machines.
Let's see what becomes of it...

Yours freely,

The [classical] liberal, of course, does not deny that there are
some superior people - he is not an egalitarian - but he denies
that anyone has authority to decide who these superior people are.
	-- F. A. Hayek, "Why I Am Not a Conservative"