[LispM] eBay 3620

Peter Paine pp at abstractscience.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 05:18:21 PST 2005

eBay Item number: 5832421696
3620
in Germany
Google translates as:
A Symbolics 3620 is offered to workstation of systems of this kind to
initial/center of the 90's for the development use the range of
artificial intelligence was inserted.  The operating system was
implemented in Lisp, the development environment was likewise Lisp
with extensions for object-oriented programming.  A description of
power ratings in accordance with today's yardsticks is not comparable
senselessly, there.  The system was last functional, however as piece
of collecting tank is offered, i.e. without each function warranty.
The system should after possibility in sank Augustin (with Bonn) to
be fetched.  A dispatch is possible in principle, but probably
relatively expensive (the system inclusive.  Monitor weighs
completely approx. 70kg).
------

My disclaimer: I have no connection whatsoever with this.

PS. The word "symbolics" seems to have a non-Lispm meaning today
something along the lines of "with symbols", hence emblazoned
T-shirts and Soviet regalia, even WW2 German badges.

or

Symbolics \Sym*bol"ics\, n.
      The study of ancient symbols; esp. (Theol.), that branch of
      historic theology which treats of creeds and confessions of
      faith; symbolism; -- called also symbolic.
      [1913 Webster]

----
Perhaps not so far off what lispms are now (at least: historic
theology - creeds and confessions)!