[LispM] Re: Outstanding Meroko bugs and a question of my own

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Thu Oct 13 11:23:47 PDT 2005

Robert Swindells wrote:

>I am going to get back into lisp and lispm hacking full time from
>today onwards.

The more the merrier!  I was able to make some big jumps when Bjorn
Victor started using the cadr emulator.  It really helps to have someone
else banging on it in parallel.

>>SDL? Maybe I'll be able to run it soon then (coLinux doesn't yet have
>>a graphical console). Nevermore will almost certainly sprout an X11
>>interface once it gets past the whole set of EXPT tests and extended
>>board diagnostics (the X11 interface was given me as a patch, I just
>>haven't installed it yet).

I put my hacked version here

  http://www.unlambda.com/download/meroko/meroko-20051012.tar.gz

Daniel Seagraves has since set up svn server so I hope to integrate my
changes in a slightly less brutal manner ("#if 0" lacks a certain
elegance :-)

I've been putting some notes here:

     http://www.unlambda.com/meroko/

I'm happy to put up anything anyone wants as long as it's reasonable.

>I have been working on a raw X11 interface for usim, I will have a look
>at doing the same for Meroko.

send diffs! ui has never been my strong suit.  I'm known for really bad
ui's :-)

I wonder if Alastair would mind some help adding SDL or raw X to
Nevermore?

Bjorn was making noises about fixing the keyboard interface in usim.  I
was a total hack and could use some reworking.  I actually own some
flavor of TI lispm keyboard and it looks like it's similar to the later
CADR/LM-2 keyboards.  I believe the current usim code tries to emulate
the original keyboard.

(hmm... maybe I should put some information up about the various keyboards)

-brad