[LispM] Re: Outstanding Meroko bugs and a question of my own

nyef at lisphacker.com nyef at lisphacker.com
Thu Oct 13 21:25:36 PDT 2005

Brad Parker writes:

> Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>>I am going to get back into lisp and lispm hacking full time from
>>today onwards.
>
> The more the merrier!  I was able to make some big jumps when Bjorn
> Victor started using the cadr emulator.  It really helps to have someone
> else banging on it in parallel.

Mmm... I discovered pretty much the same thing back when with exploiter, as
Robert will almost certainly remember.

> Daniel Seagraves has since set up svn server so I hope to integrate my
> changes in a slightly less brutal manner ("#if 0" lacks a certain
> elegance :-)
>
> I've been putting some notes here:
>
>      http://www.unlambda.com/meroko/
>
> I'm happy to put up anything anyone wants as long as it's reasonable.

Well, the obvious things to link are the lispm-hackers ML archive, the E3
project pages if you still have them, my recent lisppaste about the
instruction-stream/chain-enable behavior, etc.

>>I have been working on a raw X11 interface for usim, I will have a look
>>at doing the same for Meroko.
>
> send diffs! ui has never been my strong suit.  I'm known for really bad
> ui's :-)

Heh. I'm known for fantastically user-surly interfaces. ^_^

> I wonder if Alastair would mind some help adding SDL or raw X to
> Nevermore?

I actually have patches for an X interface for nevermore, but they were
written for a different CPU core (!), so will need a small amount of
reworking. I'm holding off until the Lisp world comes closer to booting.

> Bjorn was making noises about fixing the keyboard interface in usim.  I
> was a total hack and could use some reworking.  I actually own some
> flavor of TI lispm keyboard and it looks like it's similar to the later
> CADR/LM-2 keyboards.  I believe the current usim code tries to emulate
> the original keyboard.

Do you happen to own a TI lispm as well, or just the keyboard?

> (hmm... maybe I should put some information up about the various keyboards)
>
> -brad

 --Alastair Bridgewater