[LispM] Borrow console

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Tue Aug 5 13:35:19 PDT 2014

On Aug 5, 2014, at 1:16 PM, Timothy E. Nagle, Ph.D. <tenagle at msn.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it but no luck.  The screen looks as if
> there is no power to it.  Someone told me that there is a gate that checks
> that everything in the console is working before it powers up.

There is also a great big RIFA paper capacitor in the PSU input stage which fails with age, and produces this failure mode (along with some smoke). I’ve had to replace them recently in a handful of my consoles. It’s a relatively simple job. Make sure any replacements are correctly safety rated (X2).

ok
bear.