[LispM] Symbolics open house (Providence)

Michael L. Umbricht mike at umbricht.org
Tue Jul 22 05:09:50 PDT 2014

The Retro-Computing Society will be featuring the Symbolics 3600 L bus
Lisp Machines at our Sept. 20 open house in Providence, RI. If you are
in the New England area stop by for a visit. Info and directions at:
http://rcsri.org/

If you are not local we are planning on having a series of Google+ video
hangouts where we discuss various machines. Theses events will be
announced at https://www.google.com/+RcsriOrg

I restored some old webpages that give an overview of our LispM
collection and some notes from restoring them. The pages haven't been
updated since about 2004, so many of the links are broken. Our
collection includes a 3600, 3670, and two 3640 systems. We also have a
3630 and a Xerox Dandelion.

http://www.umbricht.org/rcs/Symbolics/contents.html

We are open on the third Sat. of each month from 1-8 pm. If anyone is in
the area and would like to visit, drop me a note. We will be featuring
the ANSnet Core Nodal Switching System for our Aug. 16 open house. This
is an IBM RS/6000 POWERserver based NSFnet T3 experimental backbone
router from the early 1990s.

-mikeu

info at rcsri.org
http://rcsri.org