[LispM] Lambda Software Release 5.0 (Prototype)

Robert Swindells rjs at fdy2.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 11:03:14 PDT 2017

Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav at lunar-tokyo.net> wrote:
>> On Apr 28, 2017, at 10:49 AM, Robert Swindells <rjs at fdy2.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone got NFS working yet ?
>
>No, but you can FTP in and out. There's something wrong with directory
>listing, but transfers work. TENEX mode works for transferring qfasl
>files.

Ok, will give it a go.

I have some diffs for emulated ethernet that I will send you when
I have tested them a bit more.

>> I guess we have the same problem as with Meroko, how do you get it
>> onto the emulator.
>
>Meroko' problem was we had no source to put there in the first place.

One of the files for NFS was truncated but we had everything else.

>> ISTM that it would be easier to work on the system software if it was
>> on a local UNIX fileserver under source code control than just on
>> the emulated disk.
>
>Provided you can deal with charset translation and version numbers.

The CADR emulator doesn't do version numbers when it is talking to a
Chaosnet fileserver, backups just get renamed with a tilde on the end,
I just define SYS to point at a tree that has been checked out of SVN
anyway.

The charset translation could be done on the lispm side.

I guess an alternative would be to run multiple copies of the
emulator as fileservers for each of the LMI trees.