[LispM] What does a valid internet address look like?

Steven Nunez steven.nunez at illation.com.hk
Sat Aug 19 23:23:03 PDT 2017

Thank-you Kalman, the hint on debugging enabled me to solve the problem, although there are still a few things that baffle me. The most puzzling is why, when the local DNS server answers (host diskstation), the resolver continues asking other hosts to resolve the query? You can see this in the trace below, where it receives an answer from diskstation, then goes right on to ask hurricane-dns. At least the parse-msg output makes me think diskstation provided answers.

A few observations for anyone doing this in the future:

*	The Genera resolver seems to ask at most two DNS servers, then fails. It would be nice to be able to increase this number.
*	The majority of the DNS servers I tried do not respond properly to the wildcard request. Trial and error is required.

@Kalman, you mentioned “…things might work better with such a misbehaving server by making :internet requests instead of wildcard requests.” That might be worth a try. How do I do that?

Thanks & Regards,

Steve