[LispM] BSD style socket interface?

Scott Burson gyro at zeta-soft.com
Tue Dec 26 23:00:08 PST 2017

Zeta-C came with a small library including a few of the most fundamental
Unix file operations — 'open', 'read', 'write', and their buffered stdio
versions 'fopen' etc. — and not much else, certainly not the BSD socket
calls.

Also I never ported Zeta-C to the I-machine or Open Genera, and I'm not
aware of anyone else having done it either.

But I'm inclined to think Chris Hanson is probably right that a usocket
implementation for Genera won't be very hard (maybe just a couple of
days).  It's not like you have to hack the guts of the TCP stack; you're
just wrapping a new interface around the existing implementation.  Although
it's been some years since I've used the BSD socket interface; I suppose
there could be a "gotcha" in there somewhere that I've forgotten about.

-- Scott