[LispM] BSD style socket interface?

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Wed Dec 27 00:14:21 PST 2017

      Zeta-C came with a small library including a few of the most
      fundamental Unix file operations — 'open', 'read', 'write', and
      their buffered stdio versions 'fopen' etc. — and not much else,
      certainly not the BSD socket calls.

It was mostly to debunk the claim that Unix was a no-go on Lisp
Machines, and that BSD sockets was some insurmountable task.

      Also I never ported Zeta-C to the I-machine or Open Genera,
      and I'm not aware of anyone else having done it either.

For Ivory you have Symbolics C if one is inclined to use that.  But no
sockets there.