[LispM] Quicklisp on Genera (was Re: ASDF 3.2.1 Anyone?)

Faré fare at tunes.org
Fri Sep 1 18:51:19 PDT 2017

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Steven Nunez
<steven.nunez at illation.com.hk> wrote:
> I will be trying Quicklisp next. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Wonderful.

If you have pathname issues, you may find that the functions in uiop
are useful. See e.g.
http://bimib.disco.unimib.it/people/Marco.Antoniotti/Projects/CL/HELAMBDAP/tests/asdf-uiop/docs/html/dictionary/dictionary.html
Scroll down on the top left panel to look at e.g. package
uiop/pathname, though I recommend using the uiop: prefix to call them.
Functions like subpathname, merge-pathnames* and their friends were
written specifically to survive situations where you want to specify
some subdirectory and file but not override the host and/or device.

Oh, he's sincere all right. The question is: what is he sincere about?
        — John McCarthy