Slow down!!

Michael Korns mkorns@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 09:30:14 -0700

Mike,

You make several good points.

What if there are not three camps? For instance, a core extended Web Lisp
VM, benefits all three groups ("let's build a better VM",  "I love
Genera/Xerox1186 camp", "let's build a better web server in lisp") equally
across the Web.

We could build now on top of the Web Java VM, but realistically the Java VM
(without extensions) currently puts Smalltalk, Lisp, ML, etc. bindings at a
disadvantage.

By the way, you forgot the FluxOS people and their needs (they seem pretty
smart and gung ho). You forgot the AgentBase people and their needs. You
forgot the Smalltalk people, the ML people. So there are not really three
camps. There are countless camps.

These countless camps can only be brought together on the Web. If we're not
talking Web enabled, we're not talking 21st century computing. Let's face
it. If we're not talking web enabled, we don't exit.