Dreaming in Lisp.

Harvey J. Stein abel@netvision.net.il
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 02:45:16 +0300

Here's something I'd like to see from LispOS:

I think it'd be amazingly cool to be able to compile C code to Lisp
and run it under LispOS running on top of Linux, instead of compiling
it to a binary & running it normally?  It could also give all sorts of
savings - python might create faster code, having the code in the
LispOS might make the memory footprint of the application smaller,
automatic gc of memory leaks, being able to easily use the code to
leverage Lisp applications, ...

One could imagine booting up one's Lisp machine, downloading afew
important unix apps, like Xboing, and compiling & running it natively
from within LispOS.

I'd imagine the C compiler on the Lisp machines must have provided
something like this.

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research