Publishing Genera doc in HTML (was: About lispOS...)

Luca Pisati pisati@nichimen.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:30:42 -0700

Rainer Joswig wrote:

> At 21:16 Uhr +0000 28.4.1997, Alaric B. Williams wrote:
> >On 28 Apr 97 at 0:16, lispos@math.gatech.edu wrote:
> >
> >> I would appreciate affordable docs about Genera and LispMachine OSes,
> >> or even hardware/software to test drive, as, like most computists,
> >> I could never get my *own* experience on them,
> >> but by incidental testimony, indirect deductions, and fertile imagination.
> >> Direct knowledge would be great!
> >
> >Say, Rainer Joswig's page talked about them a bit, I remember (and he himself
> >has a few, so you can ask!), I can't remember his URL, but I think he's
> >on this *VERY* list, so if he notices this he'll post his URL,
>
> see some Lisp stuff at http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/lisp.html
>
> some bits:
>
> For some ideas about what a Symbolics is, one could also
> ask Kalman Reti. Sure also Scott McKay and David Gadbois. ;-)
> They know much more than I ever will (I'm only a user.).
>
> A nice thing to have would be a "Document Examiner to HTML"
> converter. You would put >10000 pages Lisp machine documentation
> online.

Does anybody in this list still works at Symbolics ?

Could the Genera doc be made available in HTML or PDF format
through the Web ?

(Even whitout an HTML converter, Document examiner can print
postcript to files, which can be turned into PDF)

I do have all the books, of course, and I still use them as
a reference of a great technical documentation.

> Get the "Symbolics Technical Summary" from 1985. Other
> old Lispm Docs would be fine, too. Some universities
> or research companies may have old copies for free.
> Get a KEE manual.
>
> Also, if you find it you may want a copy of "Lisp Lore:
> A Guide to Programming the Lisp Machine", Second Edition, Hank
> Bromley and Richard Lamson, 1987, sigh, ISBN 0-89838-228-9.

I saw it around in some bookshop recently (!)

--
Luca Pisati		       Voice:	 (310) 577-0518
Nichimen Graphics	       Fax:	 (310) 577-0577