Dreaming in Lisp.

Kelly Murray kem@Franz.COM
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:44:58 -0700

> I think it'd be amazingly cool to be able to compile C code to Lisp

People told me I was crazy, but I implemented a prototype C->Lisp compiler.
Not to C code on a LispM, but to run C code in a parallel Lisp.

It worked, but it is definitely slower, but the bigger issue is that
most all C code relies heavily on different libraries and UNIX things.

I think a better approach than C->Lisp compilation,
is a tool for helping rewriting C into Lisp code.
Franz is working on something similiar, that can automatically
generate the Lisp-to-C call interface code given the C headers.

-kelly