Sun Announces SunScript VM - Based on Tcl

Mike McDonald mikemac@titian.engr.sgi.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:14:03 -0700

>From: "Bill House" <bhouse@dazsi.com>
>To: "LispOS Project" <lispos@math.gatech.edu>
>Subject: Sun Announces SunScript VM - Based on Tcl
>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 13:31:37 -0700
>
>Today Sun has announced a new browser-based VM language called SunScript that
>is based on Tcl. Despite the existence JavaScript for Netscape, Sun is doing
>this, and going after the browser scripting market in a big way. Let's see,
>what was I saying about VM's and scripting languages proliferating like
>rabbits?
>
>In the words of Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park, "I hate being right all the
>time!"
>
>Bill House

  What makes you think Sun's TCL based scripting language is going to
have any more success than your LVM? BTW, I expect to see a ton more
announcements from various non-players about them having the solution
to everyone's problems. They won't ammount to anything either.

  Mike McDonald
  mikemac@engr.sgi.com