Sun Announces SunScript VM - Based on Tcl

Mike McDonald mikemac@titian.engr.sgi.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:00:36 -0700

>From: "Bill House" <bhouse@dazsi.com>
>To: "Mike McDonald" <mikemac>
>Subject: Re: Sun Announces SunScript VM - Based on Tcl
>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:35:51 -0700

>Are you calling Sun a non-player, or just bashing me and Mike?

  In the browser market, Sun is definitely a non player. (So is SGI,
for what it matters, my opinion only. Wouldn't want some idiot to
think I speak for SGI!) At the moment, only MS and Netscape are real
players in the browser market. MS and Netscape let Sun think they're a
player because of Java, but I wouldn't count on that lasting long. (MS
hates being dependant on others for core technology. They prefer to
buy them outright or drive them out of business. Well see which way
they go with Sun.)

>Have a nice day.
>
>Bill House

  Not as nice a day as you're having in your backyard! :-)

  Mike McDonald
  mikemac@engr.sgi.com