hardware/kernel & lispOS vs. ENV & Names Silk/Jade

Paul Prescod papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri, 02 May 1997 11:03:04 -0400

Mike Rilee wrote:
> Finally, is the term 'Jade' being used for anything?  How about:
>         LispOS -> Silk
>         LispENV -> Jade
> Actually, vice-versa would be more correct.

Jade is currently a popular tool used for processing and formatting SGML
documents. It is already related to this effort because it embeds a
Scheme-subset parser in its style engine. It would be a good choice as a
documentation system for this project until a fully Lisp-based system is
available. Someone has already contacted me for information on it for
some of the documentation for a related project.

 Paul Prescod