SilkScript example

Harvey J. Stein abel@netvision.net.il
Fri, 2 May 1997 21:06:08 +0300

Kelly Murray writes:

 > > That request gets sent to the LispM, which interprets it, steps the
 > > programs, captures the output, and sends an ENTIRE new page for my
 > > browser to display, almost all (except the last line!) is a repeat of
 >
 > Sure it is not optimal, but it gets the job done.
 > Which would you rather have:
 >  1. Works, but isn't optimal
 >  2. Optimal, but isn't available
 > I'll take #1 every time.

But it's also not true.  Inject a little Java, start a communication
channel with an update protocol, and just transmit the new lines.

Not that I advocate this approach.  I think you'd have to be insane to
develop a machine which can only be accessed via a web browser, but I
don't think the concept should be rejected for the wrong reasons.

--
Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research