C->LISP

Chris Bitmead uid(x22068) Chris.Bitmead@Alcatel.com.au
Tue, 06 May 1997 11:25:31 +1000

>Kelly Murray wrote:
>> TeX will have become obsolete ;)
>>
>> Besides, the real answer is to write a tool that converts someones
>> TeX files themselves into something else, not try to run the TeX
>> system under the LispOS.
>
>The more general question is how to support interesting applications
>written in non-Lisp languages on LispOS. I know that Kelly doesn't think
>that people should use LispOS for non-server applications (unless he has
>changed his mind) but most people DO want to use it as their primary
>development system and will want to be able to run programs that are
>written in languages that are radically different than Lisp.

Not only that, it would be nice if you take LispOS and build and run
it on either Unix or NT or Mac, and use it as a cross development
platform for applications. If you've got control over the deployment
platform you could deploy it on a pure LispOS environment, but for
most people this isn't an option yet.