C->LISP

Paul Prescod papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon, 05 May 1997 15:28:43 -0400

Kelly Murray wrote:
> TeX will have become obsolete ;)
>
> Besides, the real answer is to write a tool that converts someones
> TeX files themselves into something else, not try to run the TeX
> system under the LispOS.

The more general question is how to support interesting applications
written in non-Lisp languages on LispOS. I know that Kelly doesn't think
that people should use LispOS for non-server applications (unless he has
changed his mind) but most people DO want to use it as their primary
development system and will want to be able to run programs that are
written in languages that are radically different than Lisp.

 Paul Prescod