Distributed equivalent to :Load Patches

Marcus G. Daniels marcus@cathcart.sysc.pdx.edu
06 May 1997 12:48:05 -0700

CWG> it'd be nice if the source control system
CWG> wasn't dependant on Unix or C. Lisp is the prefered
CWG> dependancy. If we start out using CVS, we'll either have to
CWG> switch to some other Lisp based system at a later date or
CWG> implement a CVS compatible system in Lisp. In either case, why
CWG> not just do it in Lisp to begin with?

You seemed to be implying that a Lisp network-capable revision control
program was needed in order to facilitate work.  An all new Lisp
revision-control program is not a program in the critical path.
In my opinion CVS already works pretty well.

But given a persistent distributed object system the revision control
problem would be pretty much solved.