GNU A Possible Ally?
Marcus G. Daniels
07 May 1997 08:02:00 -0700
>>>>> "A" == cosc19z5@bayou uh edu <email@example.com> writes:
A> Given all of the above I'm interested in knowing just how much of
A> an ally (if any) can we consider GNU? I mean, given that some of
A> our goals overlap (especially intermediate ones), what does
A> everyone think about possibly looking into getting some support for
A> our project? I'm sure GNU has its hands full, but maybe this could
A> be mutually beneficial enough that we could get some help (maybe
A> they've got some source or something lying around... who knows?).
Here are some projects GNU would like help with:
1. Rewrite the automake system in Scheme.
2. Get elisp->Scheme translation macros/whatever working.
3. Go through the C parts of Emacs and determine how to repackage these
as a shared library or rewrite as Scheme. Make it dynamically loadable
in to Guile.
4. Filesystem translators for Hurd.
5. Help with E-scape, and promoting a source-based (Lisp) Web.