mapping files to objects

cwg@DeepEddy.Com cwg@DeepEddy.Com
Wed, 07 May 1997 11:31:38 -0500

--==_Exmh_684704372P

>   Well, out of the 2.7MB of mail, there's probably something like 2.7M
> different ideas of what a LispM is. :-) But I'm of the opinion that
> there's not that big of a gulf left between the parties. (Maybe I just
> have my rosey glasses on!) For example, the mail reader/POS debate.
> [ Excellent summary of what I want to do and how it fits into what
>   others want to do ]

I think it was a good thing that I went out to see some music last night.  I
come back and find an excellent summary of where I stand, so I think I can
step back for a little while and take care of some non-lispOS related stuff.
If I'd been online last night, I'm sure I would have argued every little point
somewhat needlessly.

Since what I want to do is at a fairly high level (and, BTW, I'm interested in
working on a MTA at some point, but really want an object-oriented store
first) I'd love to see more people volunteer to do the things that are at a
lower level than where I want to work.  I will write an interface to the unix
filesystem if nobody else does, but I was hoping that someone else would find
that of interest.

Chris

P.S.  If any of you are ever in Austin, I still recommend the Continental Club
on tuesday night's.  "Happy Tuesday" with Toni Price is the longest running
no-cover regular party I'm aware of.  Also her 3rd (live album) is due out in
June.

--
Chris Garrigues                    O-              cwg@DeepEddy.Com
  Deep Eddy Internet Consulting                     +1 512 432 4046

--==_Exmh_684704372P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQB1AwUBM3CuYZaQnaaFII2dAQEeOwL/ShprQYrb5/rken2d41Gd7IFJis9R/8jI
Grk0tH6V7L5F4Ovoqz6qeLTmrZ3+hZtnt7zdwvshlw3nPSDUrBqbpUwqWUPSHR5F
XT9dBKf33UnClYmIKOU1O/60r5ziaIjr
=PxPn
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_684704372P--