A name for this OS

Rainer Joswig joswig@lavielle.com
Wed, 7 May 1997 23:15:34 +0200

>In a functional meaning LispOS is a good choice, but in the psychological
>one I would prefer a name which doesn't point so straight to Lisp. I,
>myself, like Lisp, but it's easier to convince the zillon of non 'lisplers'
>to give the new OS a try, if Lisp is not the first thing, they will be
>confronted with.

Lima -> Lisp Machine

Life -> Lisp For Ever

Lib -> Lisp Betriebssystem  (Betriebssystem = OS in German)

Lift -> Lisp Fast Technology

class -> Common Lisp Application Software Server

L1

DOS -> Dynamic OS (tell your friends, you gonna implement DOS ;-) )

List -> Lisp System Technology

Rainer Joswig, Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co, Lotharstrasse 2b, D22041
Hamburg, Tel: +49 40 658088, Fax: +49 40 65808-202,
Email: joswig@lavielle.com , WWW: http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/