KNU vs GNU

Bill House bhouse@dazsi.com
Thu, 8 May 1997 15:20:59 -0700

Kelly Murray wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Consider we built this LispOS thing and Microsoft saw how great it was,
> and so they took it, gave up on WindowsXX and sold it for $99 as their
> new and improved operating system.
> Would you consider our efforts failed or successful?

I would call that success beyond our wildest dreams, because then millions of
users would enjoy the real benefits that LispOS can provide. Plus, I think that
the people who were most knowledgable about said OS would also be able to
benefit monetarily. Who would be more valuable as LispOS Gurus than the people
who wrote it?

OTOH, I rate that as a very remote possibility, regardless of the utility of
LispOS.

Bill House
--
http://www.dazsi.com