TOO MUCH VOLUME -- a proposal

Marc Wachowitz mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de
Tue, 13 May 97 00:48:52 +0200

Fare Rideau <rideau@ens.fr> wrote:
>  there is definitely TOO MUCH volume on the LispOS mailing list,

If the flooding of people's mailbox is the problem, I suggest simply
to carry this back to comp.lang.lisp and comp.lang.scheme, possibly
with a common prefix in the subject line. For most people, newsgroups
are probably more comfortable for a large volume. I don't have the
impressions that we've got much to be kept secret, and I guess most
of us are reading those groups anyway (if necessary with filtering or
selection, and with threading). I don't mind either way, since I'm
reading news and mail alike with Gnus in Emacs ;-)

> What I propose is that discussion be moved *OUT* of the list.
> into each of the subscribees' WWW page.

Extremely bad for me. I'm reading news and mail offline at home - my
internet connection is via modem; online time is expensive and blocks
a modem line, thus I'd like to minimize it.

-- Marc Wachowitz <mw@ipx2.rz.uni-mannheim.de>