Inferno, Windoze CE, OS-9, etc. ??

BRIAN SPILSBURY zhivago@iglou.com
Mon, 19 May 1997 20:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Another platform is the Sony Playstation (don't laugh).
> There are some **millions** of these devices out there and
> Sony recently has made a very cool move: they have now released a
> "black" Playstation. It is a Playstation with a bit more
> memory, a PC/Mac interface and developer tools
> (C compiler, 3d library, etc.).
> The development environment enables you to develop
> royalty free software for this machine.
> It would be cool to have a tiny Lisp engine for
> the Black Playstation with 3d graphics and then you go
> making game programming interactive and fun.
> Sounds a bit like a public version of the GOOL
> (Game object-oriented Lisp) from "Naughty Dog".

Its a good idea, but there are some drawbacks, the black psx won't do
cd's.

The avaiable system that will is around 30 grand, the psy/q system
does them, and is around $3000, but they were foolish enough to
sign exclusive distribution rights over to sony until the end of
this year, and sony has declined to sell any, instead pushing their
own 30 grand solution.

Otherwise I'd already be playing with something like that ":(

Brian