Versioning and persistence

Chris Bitmead uid chris.bitmead@Alcatel.com.au
Wed, 21 May 1997 13:40:47 +1000

>That's true.  I don't understand the point you're making, however.  The point
>I was trying to make is that if you do it this way, you don't have to think
>about versioning on every object access, which you were pointing out would be
>silly.

The point is that you would have a problem deciding how far to split
up your system in order to get some advantage out of it. If you split
too much how do keep the higher levels together? If not enough, how do
you get enough grain?

Basicly I think you were suggesting a system where you divide up the
system in a certain way into segments, and I'm questioning if that
gives you flexibility.