Why [not] X?

Patrick Logan patrickl@servio.gemstone.com
Thu, 22 May 97 16:47 PDT

    Mike> Unlike most of the people on this list, Kelley is actually
    Mike> doing something other than BSing about who's research
    Mike> project is better than everyone else's...

Well you'll get no apology from me. I'm still trying to determine what
this thing is you're building.

    Mike> Where's that browser running? If your machine is running a
    Mike> lisp based OS, I doubt Netscape is going to work too
    Mike> well. (Assuming only one machine. Having a second machine on
    Mike> the net just to run a C based browser is cheating!)

Just how much of the free world are you going to recreate over the
next five years? If you can run Java, you can run HotJava. But it'd be
better to focus on LispOS as a server and worry about LispOS as a
client later. Take things for free while you can.

--
Patrick Logan                 mailto:patrickl@gemstone.com
Voice 503-533-3365            Fax   503-629-8556