Why [not] X?

Dwight Hughes dhughes@intellinet.com
Thu, 22 May 1997 21:46:31 -0500

| From: Mike McDonald <mikemac@titian.engr.sgi.com>

  [ mildly amusing messages snipped ]

|   Actually, his initials are, *ahem*, MRM. :-) I just think you guys
| have dived off the high board head first with Henry and Fare judging
| the dives. Only problem is no one bothered to check to see if there
| was any water in the pool!

Well, I like to know I'm going to Disneyland, even if I have to hitch
a ride to get there :-). I certainly think Henry is talking sense, and
even Fare does from time to time <g>, but getting there is not trivial.
These ideas are for where we will go, not where we must begin, but we
need them too.

We really do need to get a more concrete plan of how to *begin* and
what LispOS 0.0.0 *must* contain -- not what LispOS 1.0.0 *will* contain.
I'm preparing a message to the list that addresses that -- let me know
what you think (not that you ever held back before).

-- Dwight