The Marketing of LispOS?

Kragen kragen@pobox.com
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:25:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu wrote:
> Well, we do need to get this issue settled up front because this
> is where the licensing comes in.  If folks are going to share
> code, then they need to do so with some kind of license in place,
> and the license chosen will have impacts on any potential
> commercial development.

Not necessarily.  If you're willing to donate your first-prototype code
to the public domain, you don't need to have any license in place at
all until you get past that stage.  At that point, we'll know who's
actually going to be doing the leading, and so we'll know who to listen
to if we want good code, instead of just who talks loudest.

Kragen