the "standard" development platform?

Mike McDonald mikemac@teleport.com
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:28:20 -0700 (PDT)

>From lispos-request@math.gatech.edu  Sun Apr 26 22:30:32 1998
>From: "Dwight Hughes" <dwighth@ipa.net>
>To: "LispOS Project" <lispos@math.gatech.edu>
>Subject: the "standard" development platform?
>Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 00:10:36 -0500
>
>Since I haven't quite caught up with the recent LispOS mail,
>I wanted to be clear about what will be the "standard"
>development platform -- if I read the right messages this
>would seem to be FreeBSD and CMUCL. Correct?

  I believe Richard has chosen Linux and CMUCL. (Linux or FreeDSB
shouldn't make much difference, at least in the early stages.) I'm
using ACL under Linux for my initial developement work on CLIM. (CMUCL
doesn't have CLOS based streams yet. One of the guys on the cmucl-imp
team is working on that.)

>Also, it would seem that the ultimate questions of what to
>base the initial LispOS kernel development on and what the
>kernel might look like have been postponed until we actually
>have some code to _run_ on it.
>
>(I direct this primarily to Richard Coleman or Mike McDonald.)
>
>-- Dwight

  Lots and lots of stuff should be generic Common Lisp so it should
run on any CL platform.

  Mike McDonald
  mikemac@mikemac.com