seeking LispM virtual memory, memory management, and garbage collection information

Tomas.Kindahl@saab.se Tomas.Kindahl@saab.se
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:36:19 +0000

--Boundary_(ID_J/6kHPlYRinwN76guymjqg)

> I apologize in advance if the mention of the "J-word" (Java) in this
> posting is inflammatory.  I am seeking the above materials in support of
> the freeware JavaOS (JOS) project.
> ...[etc]...
> Please reply to me, as I am not on the mailing list.
>
> Very Truly Yours,

Sorry if You've gotten no answer, but it seems like the LispOS mailing
list is quite dead, just now. Periodically it is resurrected, but just
now the activity is NIL. Personally i'm not against Java, all objections
against Java i and my Swedish hacker friends/relatives use to make is
about the commercial hype and that it by definition is forced to be
executing on a VM. OK, i know that i'm throwing stone in a glass-house
(swedish telltale) because Scheme itself usually compiles to a VM code,
but not by definition.

About pointers to the techniques why LispMs got good performance, i can't
tell, because i'm the least competent in this discussion group, i'm
simply learning about Boot-Loaders and similar matters. (Besides my main
interest is rscheme just now). Maybe some other LispOS reader can tell you
about this? [intently listening with my hand behind my ear]

--
greetings (med vänliga hälsningar)

Tomas Kindahl
 Dagens slagord: 'Vafan, är kaffet SLUUUT!!!'
 Email:     Tomas.Kindahl@saab.se     Telephone:  +46 13 183927
 Room:      112-1313.2, 112 vån2      Dept:        FNS-TK
 Snailmail: T Kindahl/FNS-TK; SAAB Aerospace AB; S-581 88 Linköping; SWEDEN
 Phone home:  +46 13 171107           Shoe number: 43
 Private URL: http://hem.passagen.se/rursus/
 Homemail:    Tomas Kindahl; Skrivaregatan 11; S-586 47 Linköping; SWEDEN

--Boundary_(ID_J/6kHPlYRinwN76guymjqg)--