Lisp Machine Emulators?

cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu cosc19z5@Bayou.UH.EDU
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:01:02 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

Nice to see more life coming into this group.  I hope it leads
to something this time, but to be honest, I doubt it still.

But my pessimism aside (I still think we need leadership darnit! :)),
I saw reference to an Interlisp emulator for the PC?  Is this
a commercial product, or is it downloadable, and if so from
where?  I did a brief web search but found nothing.

In fact, are there any lisp machine emulators out there, and
if so from where may they be acquired?

Apart from being able to try out a Lisp machine at home,
I think this thing may give more people a better idea
as to what needs to be done, and could be very inspirational.

Even if the system differs from what we want to do
(my understanding is that we are trying to do the same thing),
at the least they can get an idea as to the pros and cons
of a Lisp OS.

Regards,
Ahmed