Lisp Machine Emulators?

Kragen kragen@pobox.com
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:30:49 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, cosc19z5@bayou.uh.edu wrote:
> In fact, are there any lisp machine emulators out there, and
> if so from where may they be acquired?

Open Genera is a sort of Symbolics LispM emulator that runs on the
Alpha.  I don't know if it can be acquired from anyone at the moment,
since Symbolics is bankrupt again.  It would be nice if someone could
just give me a copy, but I don't have an Alpha.

I agree that this is very important.

I'd sure like to get a LispM myself, but I expect that I'd need to pay
someone a lot of money for it.  (I don't have a Mac, so if I get a
MacIvory, I'd need to get a Mac along with it :)

Kragen