Netscape, GPL & Lisp

Byron Davies davies@pobox.com
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 10:32:09 -0700

[I meant to cc this to the list -- Byron]

>If you're going to reimplement it, what does it matter if you
>have the source code or not (since it is written in C and C++)?
>
>Chris Bitmead

If you're saying that it would be easier to implement it from the
demonstrated and documented behavior than from the C source code, you've
got a point.  Optimistically, I figure one could learn something from the
source, even though in C, and then perhaps build on some of the classes
already developed for CL-HTTP.  But once again, the UI is the real problem
-- unless we had Genera to start with ...

Byron